Why you should install deck lighting to your Tampa property. Homeowners have multiple options when it comes to home improvement projects. The addition of outdoor landscape lighting has definitely taken off in recent years. These affordable upgrades to traditional lighting can turn a once decent-looking exterior into something much more luxurious.
LED deck lights are often at the top of the list whenever a homeowner decides to spice things up a bit. Let’s take a look at a few reasons you should install deck lighting to your home!
5 Benefits of Installing LED Deck Lighting
Many homeowners decide to install deck lighting for no other reason than its appearance. After all, LED deck lights look fantastic once they’ve become a part of your home’s exterior landscape. Choosing LED over regular lighting comes with other benefits too:
- Longer Lifespan — Traditional incandescent bulbs are no slouch, typically 1k-2k hours. The average LED light bulb, on the other hand, will last more than 100k hours.
- Energy Efficiency — LED bulbs expend a fraction of the energy used by traditional bulbs. This means that not only will you save money on replacement (as illustrated above), your monthly utility bills will be lower, too.
- Improved Durability — LED lights can withstand bad weather conditions including rain, wind, and even snow. This is a big reason why they’re perfect to use outdoors on a home’s deck.
- Works in All Weather — Florida’s weather often turns quite hot during the summer months, but that won’t affect the operation of LED lights. They’re made from rugged components that allow them to work in both extreme heat and cold.
- Low-Voltage Bulbs — In the past, quality outdoor lights often needed to have a separate or extended power source for their operation due to the high voltage required. LED lights work at a low voltage, which means you can connect them to any power source.
5 Ideas for Installing LED Deck Lighting
The decision to install deck lighting as part of your landscape lighting is only one part of the process. The biggest piece of the puzzle is choosing between various placement and design options. This leads us to five of the most popular installation choices:
- In-Floor Lighting — If you’re searching for a simple, elegant way to provide illumination, in-floor lighting may be the perfect solution for your needs. Popular areas for placement include deck corners and near steps or seating.
- Deck Stair Lighting — This type of lighting provides two distinct benefits. First, they create a unique look for your stairs that stand out but isn’t too flashy. Second, the subtle illumination makes it safer and easier to use the stairs after the sun’s gone down.
- Recessed Deck Lighting — This has proven to be a popular source for homeowners wanting to light up their entire deck from above. Of course, you’ll obviously need to have some kind of overhead protection for placement.
- Area Spotlighting — This type of lighting also requires a covered deck, but the idea is much different. These spotlights will cast a bright light on a specified area, such as on a dining table so that you can clearly see your food and utensils.
- String Lighting — Many people think of string lighting as a Christmas-only decoration, but au contraire. Strings of lights look great on any deck and will create a festive appearance that’s perfect for any time of year.
Contact Elegant Accents to Install Deck Lighting in Tampa
If you want to install deck lighting in your home, Elegant Accents can help you achieve the greatest results possible. Our team of design experts can assist you with new installations of LED landscape lighting in Tampa, LED garden lights, LED deck lights, and other types of outdoor lighting in Tampa.
Contact us at (813) 629-2228 to ask us about our on-demand service or for a free estimate.